C&A Furniture cares deeply
about the environment.
about the environment.
- Our finish is water based (Greenguard certified) which means no fumes, no hazardous vapors, tools can be cleaned with water – making our plant first green furniture manufacturer in Arizona.
- For those wishing to use the old type of varnish, the finish we use is catalyzed varnish cured by chemical reaction not evaporation. Because of that, 75% of the finish stays on the surface and only 25% evaporates. The old lacquers were the opposite.
- In our spray booths, we use Andrea filters, which are most effective and most expensive. They prevent release of small particles from over-spraying to the atmosphere.
- Our liquid waste is only one 55 gallon barrel per year. (This barrel comprises only 3% of total chemicals used per year.) The waste is picked up by Univar Corp, a chemical waste company, and delivered to Texas power plant where it is being burned producing electricity.
- We have no wood related waste except for wood dust from cutting and sanding.
- Out cut list utilizes 99.9% of material from the 4 x 8 base size sheet goods.
- We have stopped using mahogany wood due to the fact that to cut and remove big mahogany tree from the deep forest, it is necessary to cut down and destroy hundreds of other small trees on the way. All living environment such as birds, animals, insects, etc around big mahogany tree is destroyed at the same time.
- We have very efficient/effective dust collector system which accumulates all wood dust from our production. Nothing goes out to the atmosphere. This is why our shop is clean at all times, which is noticed by each visitor touring our shop.
- Our products are shipped only by blanket wrapped carriers thus eliminating paper and plastic packaging materials.
- We continually improve our business processes to efficiently use energy resources. For example, we recycle all office and shipping products.
- We produce high quality product for sustainability
- We partner with suppliers who also care about the environment and who follow similar practices
- We operate in manner consistent with environmental protection and safe emissions and we meet and exceed all state requirements
- We use recycled product as much as possible
- We do not use reconstituted veneers as they use high content of formaldehyde and African rain forest materials
- The veneer on our particle board core is glued with free of formaldehyde glue
- We use adhesives that are hot melts rather than VOC-based
- We purchase veneer from environmentally sustainable farms